This blog post is brought to you by my husband, Jay. I say that because when I started to work on the photos that go with it, the disc they were on went “Poof!” Suddenly, no photos. No photos! All the photos I took throughout the course of this project disappeared, but with Jay’s amazing ingenuity, I now have photos to share. I’d tell you how he recovered them, but I don’t know how he did it! And that disc is now residing in File 13. On to the photos.
Dragon eggs figure prominently in my concept. Here is how I began creating the dragon eggs for the dragon egg incubators.
Followed by several layers of paint.
And the final eggs.
Here is a sneak peek at how I wanted this shelf arranged
but the bottles and small dragon house have not been finished.
A bit of paint on four assembled baby dragon houses.
And those pristine bottles have been roughed up a bit.
I wanted extra security for adhering the table in place,
so I added some nails and made corresponding holes in the floor.
That way the glue would not be the only thing holding it in place.
The table adequately secured:
A few more smaller dragon eggs
which can be found in a bowl on the table. I tweaked this arrangement
a little bit before calling it done.
There were many more little steps in each detail but I think you get the idea. My next blog post will be the story and photos of the piece in its entirety. Thanks for hanging in there for the evolution of it! Until next time,