As promised, I’m sharing photos I took of the details I created for the inside of the bears&boxes piece I described in my last post. First a page of images I created for use as decals.
I chose dominoes to be the vehicle for the decals – right size and shape for the design.
Preparing to apply the decals
and applying them.
On a few I added some color before adding the decal.
Some of the decals were only text and I had to treat them differently from the ones that were images only.
Another part of the plan included transforming a paper mache heart box lid and a few tiny boxes that were just the right size. There’s a history to the tiny boxes. I’ve had them for ages and ages. They held pins I earned when I was a 4-H’er in school. Who knew how they would come in handy all these years later? I love that!
Carrying on with the texture I used on the outside of the box.
This photo shows a glimpse of the background of the box. I was testing out the placement of the various pieces I wanted to use.
Here a few curly Q’s I incorporated into the design.
The boxes prepped for paint.
And the boxes, heart box lid and curly Q’s painted. (As before, what appears blue in this and the following photos is really a rich purple color.
I lined the tiny boxes with the same paper I used on the background.
Part of a personal story printed on green vellum.
Each box will be lined with words from the story – snippets of memories!
Because there were so many photos in this post, I will show the completed box with the bear in my next post. I hope you enjoyed seeing the various techniques I used on the inside and outside of this piece. Now I think I will turn in for the night. I have another project underway at the moment. Photos will be forthcoming not too long from now.