Welcome to Part 2. Now for some details.
The first bit I wanted to sort out was the lawn. I found some terrific looking grass to use on the base. It came already mowed so I knew it was a good deal!
Then I moved on to making a pathway from log slices.
Flooring for the interiors followed with a hexagonal white one for one side and a square tiled one with a blue accent for the other. Forgive the debris, the floor hadn’t been swept at this point!
I suppose the most fun was searching for, and finding, materials for the lawn décor. I began with these tiny dollhouse dishes. They were so tiny! But just right for the design.
I wanted these ‘mushrooms’ and the mason jars to be clear so tiny lights would shine though.
It’s a process of having multiple sections underway at the same time and here are a few more interior details I was working on. Wall décor mostly and other bits.
Sometimes you have to make bulletins boards from sticks . . .
Painter’s tape – Yay!
I like to include a bit of my own personal history from time to time, so there are photos of my grandmother and my parents’ wedding portrait.
I repainted a tiny bird – maybe he’s the bluebird of happiness.
I created a few tiny maps, too
that sit in a basket.
A dry run for the mushroom lights.
And rounding out this post, a couple of framed pictures for the walls with itty bitty dots to match the décor.
Next up, photos of the finished piece with close-ups.
As always, thanks for reading!!!!!!